Art event in and around London and Kent.
Workshop: Friday 9th August 2019 : 9am - 1pm
|Pond Sketching Workshop : London, Kent.|
- Sketch the pond plants, wildlife and birds that frame the pond above water to make a record of the pond landscape in your sketchbook.
- Fill your journal with sketches of the textures of the bulrushes, the patterned feathers of a waterbird, the structures and flying motions of dragons and damsels.
- Try out pond-dipping and wonder at the strange anatomies of the underwater pond-life that appears magical beneath magnifiers - have a go at drawing them. Possibly see water boatmen, stickleback, newts, frogs, water skaters and water snails.
- Record the aspects of nature that interest you personally. Make a mark, add a note.
This is the first of four nature-themed workshops.
- Friday 9th August 9:00-13:00 High Elms Pond wildlife
The next three are:
Saturday 10th August 11:00-15:00
Fruits, flowers and flyers
Friday 16th August 9:00-13:00 BEECHE
Friday 30th August 9:00-13:00
Woodland Habitats and Hedgerows
For more information and to reserve your place visit Bromley Environmental Education Centre at High Elms (BEECHE); bookings via idverde UK.
Within an hour's drive.
Less than an hour’s drive from Bromley, Croydon, Beckenham, Wimbledon, Petts Wood, Orpington, Farnborough, Downe, Eltham, Blackheath, Crystal Palace, Dulwich, Greenwich, Docklands, Balham, Streatham, Sydenham, Sevenoaks, Dartford, Tonbridge, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone, Edenbridge, Westerham, Hever, Speldhurst, Tatsfield, Esher, Epsom, Oxted, Warlingham, Whyteleafe, Caterham, Tandridge, Lingfield, Crawley and more.